If you’re looking to green your Borrego Springs home or business, a solar energy system is a wise investment. Borrego Springs has an average of 264 sunny days every year and an average 5.9 UV index, making solar energy a very viable nonrenewable energy-saving solution for homes and businesses in the area. Before investigating your options for solar installation in Borrego Springs, it’s important to know a bit about the options available.
Benefits of Solar Installation in Borrego Springs
There are many benefits to going solar in your home or business. Solar energy is:
- Eco Friendly. All of the electricity produced by solar systems is 100 percent renewable, so you’ll be decreasing the size of your eco footprint every time that you switch on a light or use an appliance or gadget.
- A Money Saver. Solar energy systems can dramatically reduce the cost of your energy bill, and in some cases, you may be able to eliminate the bill entirely after solar installation in Borrego Springs. Through 2016, you can also qualify for a 30% federal tax credit, and there is currently a state solar energy rebate available for California homes and businesses who opt for solar installation in Borrego Springs.
- Reliable. You’ll enjoy more reliable electricity with your residential solar installation. You’ll be less reliant or not reliant at all on the overtaxed energy grid.
The Solar Installation Process
Solar installation in Borrego Springs will usually consist of 6 key steps:
- A Consultation and Analysis. You’ll begin by meeting with an installer who will tour your property and discuss your energy usage with you. The installer will likely ask to see copies of your recent energy bills. Using the results of their analysis and the information you provide, the installer will make suggestions regarding what size system you need and what specific design will be the best for your needs.
- Official Quote. After the installer’s visit, you’ll receive a quote detailing the total cost of the system and what’s included. It’s a good idea to gather quotes from multiple installers to ensure you get the best price.
- Permitting. Once you have chosen which installer you will use, the installer will finalize the detailed design of your system and obtain the necessary local and utility permits This process takes 2 to 6 weeks.
- Installation. Following the issuance of permits, you and your installer will schedule a date for the installation. A typical residential system can be installed in only 1 to 2 days.
- Final Inspection. After installation is complete, your installer will work with the local permitting authority and the utility to schedule the required final inspections. This will occur 2-7 days after installation.
- Start Saving. Once final inspections have been completed, the utility will give you formal permission to turn on your system You are now producing your own clean, renewable power! Say goodbye to high electric bills forever.
Finding a Borrego Springs Solar Installer
When you’re looking for the right contractor to handle your solar installation in Borrego Springs, consider the following:
- Licensing. Ensure your installation will be done by professionals holding both electrical and solar licenses from the State of California’s Licensing Board.
- Experience. Look for an installer that has been in business for several years and has a good reputation.
- Support. Will the installer help you file the paperwork needed for you to get your California rebate? Some will, but others will leave it up to you.
- Guarantees. Is there a warranty on your system and on the installation itself? Only choose an installer that stands behind their work with a multi-year guarantee. You also want to make sure your installer uses top-quality equipment from leading manufacturers who can stand behind 10 and 20-year equipment warrantees.